Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25th, 2010: Crash?

Third day: down to an art!


Had English today and sat next to Mo (short for Mohammad, I'm guessing because he's from Lebanon). He's really sweet. I get to write my first essay on him... first essay topic: Ghost Writing. So I get to write about Mo... as if I was Mo. Hehe, fun! Oh and Paul (my English teacher) said a lovely quote: "It isn't like a science book that gives you content... it (English book) isn't like 'MIOSIS' ".

After that I had Jazz, talk to Richard (my jazz teacher) about switching out, he said if I need to that I should. I did the class and actually had some fun... even though it was a mix of Modern, Jazz and Hip hop... which still doesn't click in my mind!!! Grr.... but luckily I saw that I'm not the only one that is struggling in there. Makes me feel better.

After school, came back to my dorm and got ready to head to the (according to my sister) "dangerous" Walmart. Got some stamps and other goodies... and SURVIVED to tell about it. It was funny though because (this sounds awful, and I swear on my life I'm not racist) any time a white/Caucasian person saw another white/Caucasian person they got like this HUGE grin on their face, and it was like they had known each other for yeeeeeears. I got this from a lot of people and I've never seen them in my life!

While I was leaving Walmart, a stupid jeep pulled in front of Molly car and me which almost caused me to have my first accident. (Stupid girl was on her cell phone both talking on it and texting.) Luckily, Molly has really good breaks and likes to make her self heard with a very loud horn. Collision averted.

Molly car was really happy to get out and run around a little bit. She really likes that the slowest she has to go around here is 15 through parking lots. Though she hates sitting at lights and she gets a little hot headed about that, when she reaches the 30 marker she calms down a bit.

After my lovely, dangerous, heart-attack-giving trip to Walmart... I NEEDED a coffee so I went to The Coffee Bean and got my new "snickers" (though it not nearly as good as Dutch Bros.)... its a White Chocolate Blended coffee... yum.

Then I came back to my dorm, and tested my strength and make all of the stuff I have in one trip. That includes: four bags, my purse, a box of ice tea and my coffee!!! Got to my floor just fine and then a guy that lives up here asked if I needed help, probably would have taken it if I wasn't so stubborn. So got all that stuff to my dorm in one trip! SUCCESS!!!!

I'm still fairly sore, especially with making that one trip... my arm is still shaking.

All in all, great day.
 
Just took pictures of my dorm for Maria, 'cause she was complaining that she hadn't seen where I lived.
 
All of that done, and it's only 3:52... ah, life as a college student.

No comments:

Post a Comment