Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23rd, 2010: Class day one: check!

So, first off... my alarm FAILED this morning. Thankfully I heard my room mate making her bed and woke up just five minutes off schedule. Phew. So THAT'S why we have room mates. Got it.

Okay, so I left my building at about 7:40ish this morning (class starts at 8:30, but I needed to make sure I knew where I was going). I was texting a few people, just for some encouragment. I look behind me, because I hear talking, and there's a group of about 12 guys... following me. Can you say, flashback to first day of school EVER?! So of course I had to text my mom and Mat to tell them about it, both of them laughed.
I got to the building, walked down the wrong hallway and ended up walking all the way around the building to get to my class that is just up the stairs that I DIDN'T come up. Of course! Thankfully, by this time it was only around 8:10. So, I sat down and started doodling as people showed up (because I was the first student there). While I was sitting there... a guy passed me wearing: a sweater vest, a white shirt, a jacket WITH a pocket protector, and glasses... AND he was carrying a briefcase. No, he was not a professor, he was a student.
The teacher showed up, didn't acknowledge any of us at all, he just walked into the classroom... all of us outside just kinda looked at each other, I laughed a little then someone got the guts to be the first one in the class.
My English teacher's name is Paul. That's what he goes by. We can call him by his last name, but it's long and hard to remember... so it's just Paul. He kinda reminds me of Mr. Grady from Crater (school 2).
I sat in the back, with one seat on both sides. Well, a guy (a cute guy) named Nate, sat next to me. He's a computer science major. I had to borrow paper from him: good ice breaker.
We had to write a small essay on how "adolecents today {1986} have worse grammar than the people before them", talk about an easy writing assignment for me! Once I got done, and wrote down my homework I got to leave.
Well that was like 9:45ish, and my Jazz class didn't start till 11:30. So I went to the building (after calling my mom) and found a place near my class to do my homework. Well, then there was a class in that class so I went down stairs and found the PERFECT Monday and Wednesday study spot. =D
So I did my english homework as I was sitting there. Just reading and high lighting out of my English book (the book is seriously titled "Text Messages").
Then Jazz started, and HEY! There's a cute (straight) guy in my class! WHOO!!! Lol. (too bad I'm not looking to date anyone other than the one who knows who he is).
In this class it was rather obvious I haven't taken Jazz in a few years because that class kicked my butt!
After that I came back to my room, took a shower, made easy mac, opened a soda and now get to relax for the rest of the day.
Phew. Class day one: CHECK!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. :)
    I love hearing from my readers, makes me feel like I'm doing something right!

    ReplyDelete