Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24th, 2010: Rockstar Mentality?

So woke up at 8 this morning to the lovely Kenny Chesney "Young". ALWAYS a good way to start your day. Though I was hoping for a wake up call... guess a girl can't get everything she wants.
Now get this, I was heading to class today and some one in the hall was talking about how at his high school you weren't allowed to graduate unless you knew what you were majoring or minoring in.... I wanted to be like "THAT'S ALL YOU HAD TO DO?! AND YOU'RE COMPLINAING?! I HAD TO WRITE A 7 PAGE ESSAY AND A SPEECH AND LOG 24 HOU...RS OF WORK!!!!". But he was cute, so I said nothing and just kept walking.
Oh and  heard in my dorm hall: "oh my gosh! Sooo much nudity." .... I'm scared to open my door anymore to be "social".
Dance kinda kicked my butt! It's rather obvious I haven't done Ballet since I was like 12... all my "ballerina habits" flew out the window. So Dolly (my ballet teacher) kept correcting me, and my goodness, I knew I was rusty but not as rusty as she made it seem! Yes, yes... UNLV has me back in pink tights, and a leotard... not too happy about that one. I'm still wondering where the tutu is.
But I was a "Rebel" (Haha, still funny to me.) ballerina, wore crazy bold pink eyeshadow, with sparkles and had my pink extensions in my hair. =D
Then I had choreography: impov. That class is amazing thus far. We learned the directions of the stage (upstage, downstage... right, left etc.) and we played a little game with that. Which was simple for me. Then we had to walk from stage right to downstage center, do a movement and introduce ourselves (I did the "rodger rabbit"), then walk to stage left. After we got everyone over there, we had to do our movement all the way from downstage left to upstage right (I had to make a few teaks on how I did the "rodger rabbit", 'cause it is far from a moving step).
Then I had a lovely break and then the lovely class of Math.
My teacher, Matt, is hilarious... and allergic to chalk.
(Just checked my "webcampus" and got this message from him:
"Welcome to MATH095-1022!
I look forward to meeting all of you on Tuesday. In the meantime, perhaps you might like to download the syllabus and read through it. If you have any questions, please send me an email.
Also, you will want to bring your textbook to class beginning on the very first day, as we will be using it extensively throughout the semester.
Cheers,
Matt"
I think he was a little too cheer-y while writing this.)
He does have an accent, and the minute I find out from where I will tell you... he still says "mobile phones" but it's more like "mo-bye-el".
I already have an exam in that class next Thursday, ugh.
Oh! And a guy in the elevator saw me and said that I must be a singer because I give off a "rockstar mentality". Compliment? I guess... I did say thanks and he smiled. Hmmm... these Vegas-ians (vegas-ers? Veg-ions?).
My body isn't looking forward to waking up at 6:30 tomorrow, I'm so beyond sore. It even hurt my abs to get onto my bed. Few weeks of this and I should be fine ...but I'll be crazy sore till then.

Day two: check.
                                                          ^..do I look like I have "rockstar mentality"?

No comments:

Post a Comment