Thursday, January 31, 2013

Prayers are needed

I'm not going to lie, it has been an interesting/difficult last two days.
Yesterday I got an email from my boss saying that a few parents and a few of my students were doubting my ability to do my job. Worst part of this was the fact that I got the email just a few hours before I had to go to work! I somehow had to put a smile on my face and act as if nothing was wrong. How annoying and unfair. I have been dancing for 18 years, and someone wants to doubt my ability?! Rude!
Then today, I also had work and my boss stayed and watched which I wasn't expecting but oh well. It was a little intimidating but at least I had a plan of what we were doing that day. Her only complaint was that I don't tuck in my thumbs, what an easy fix. I'm still annoyed that the parents were talking like that, and even more so, they were talking like that in front of a few of my students.
To top that off, and the real thing about this posting is... I got a call from my dad today. My grandmother might have breast cancer. She goes in for surgery on Monday to find out for sure. They say that if it is, since they caught it early, they should be able to get rid of all of it. I'm scared. My grandmother is the only grandparent I have left alive, and I'm not ready to say goodbye. I know that is selfish on my part, but it is true. So good thoughts and prayers would be more than welcomed. Send them towards my Grandmother, I need her to have them more than me.
Thanks you guys. You all are truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment