Wednesday, January 2, 2013

So much changes in a year

 So this was me a year ago. I wasn't all that happy. I had a lot going on and couldn't figure out how to get my life back on track. I knew something had to change because I didn't like who I was, and I didn't like how my life was turning out.
It was also at this time (January 2nd, 2012) that I realized I had royally messed up an amazing friendship I had with Gabe by giving him a letter telling him how I really felt. By this time, he hadn't talked to me since Thanksgiving.
I was traveling back to my mom's house a lot for sanctuary from where I was living in Eugene. Though I loved my jobs, I felt like I was doing nothing in my life because I wasn't in school like everyone else my age. I was working myself like crazy though. I had four consistent jobs that never let me rest. Even on my days off, I was still on call... and chances were, they would call.
As much as I miss my friends in Eugene, and as much as I miss my co-workers, the kids I watched after and a few of my bosses, I have to say that I am happy to be where I am today (January 2nd, 2013).
I am finally back in school, and doing better than I have ever done in the history of my schooling. I am realizing more and more each day who I am and that I am strong and confident. I will be starting my dream job of being a dance teacher on Monday thanks to a wonderful opportunity that was brought into my life. And, like I told Gabe on New Years when we were out watching the fireworks... I am happy to be his and that I never thought I would get the opportunity to be in his arms and say that I'm his. So much has changed in a year. I lost my "big brother"/best friend, and gained other close friends. I get to be with the guy that I've had my eye on since high school, even though a year ago he fell of the face of the planet in my life. My dad got married, my mom got a boyfriend. I started school and got back into dance.
As much as I went through this last year, I honestly am so thankful that I did. How blessed am I to have gone through all the hardships? They are the only way I learned how to be happy even in the darkest moments, because there is ALWAYS a light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm excited to see what 2013 has in store for me. I'm sure there will be many more ups and downs with Gabe, but even those are starting to lessen as we get more of an idea of what each other wants from the other as well as what we want to give of ourselves. I'm sure that I'll stress more and more about school. I'm sure I'll fight with friends and parents. But you know what, each day is a new day and each experience is there to teach us. So bring it on 2013, I have a feeling it's going to be a good year for me. Full of smiles, joys, laughter and love.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great recap of the last year... I had hoped to do one of these on my blog this year but basically I just held it together... not too uplifting of a post.

    I am happy that things are working out for you, especially with your boyfriend... I look forward to your updates in 2013:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really encourage you to do one, even if it isn't uplifting. It's always great to get things out there in the open and letting go of things. I post a lot of uplifting things (try to at least) simply for my own sanity, but I even have some that are a bit more down than what I'd like. They're needed. A reflection on the last year is wonderful. I highly encourage it, even if its just written on your computer just for you to see. I used to do that a lot. Write things in Word that were affecting me negatively, and then I would save the document, transfer it to the recycle bin, turn my speakers up really loud and then "empty the recycle bit". The noise it made of throwing trash away made me feel like it was taking my problems away so that I could now think clearly. It was totally psychological. but it helped.

      Delete
  2. That's a very good idea Car, I will have to wait until next weekend to do this as I am sure it will be a long story but than I will throw it away... I can see that as being helpful :)

    ReplyDelete