Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Up up and away

So as I have been posting rather frequently, I have been having major health issues. Well, last Friday, I finally went and got my blood tested. I got my results today and they are saying that there is inflammation in my body, but it isn't anything serious. Which I am very thankful for.
With all this happening, my boyfriend has been very worried and has been consistently asking if there is anything I need from him. It's super cute.
Anyway this post is actually about what I made this blog about: work and school/life.
This was my first week at my first job, and with being sick, it wasn't going too well for me. I was sitting and watching a lot which isn't very fun when you're a ballet instructor. But today, the owner of the studio, left! AH! I had nothing planned for class! But I pulled it off and I already love my girls. I am so thankful to have this job. I think it is what I needed to finally get myself back into the dance world. Because I am teaching these girls what it takes to be a dancer, which are the exact things that were squished in me due to my very harsh instructors at UNLV. Building it in these girls is reminding me of how important they are and in turn it is rebuilding it in myself. It's wonderful. I can't imagine getting paid for this, but I am.
As for school, this is my first week back after a winter break, and I'm not going to lie, I have been slacking. I think its due to the fact that I have been ill so I haven't really wanted to do much other than sleep, which I have done a lot of. But it was nice to have the two weeks off. And from what I have seen today (because I was a good student and did all my work today) this week will be fairly easy and mostly based on opinions. I am so thankful to be back in school, plus have a job that I enjoy. It is really starting to make feel better about everything that I went through. I feel like all my struggles were finally worth something.
2013 is my year. I am determined to make that true.

1 comment:

  1. Car, I think 2013 will be your year too... I am happy to hear that you are feeling so positive about it, as well, it is lovely that you are working in a career you love, it makes you beam when you write about it... :)

    I hope you feel better soon, being ill takes a lot out of you

    ReplyDelete