Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy January 1st

Hey everyone. Now that the craze of the holiday seasons are done, I'm finally able to relax and write. Imagine that.
Hope everyone's holidays were amazing and that you brought in the New Year with a bang last night/this morning. I know I did.
This Christmas though, really made me miss my family. We used to all get together at my mom's house and celebrate with a feast. Oh man, there would be so many people. But this year, we celebrated with a different family and though I was happy to help make their Christmas a happy one, I couldn't help but miss my own family a lot.
For Christmas I got:
a new sweatshirt, cute boots, new jeans from my mom and her boyfriend
a charm for my pandora bracelet from my dad and his wife (they had previously given me some money for my trip to Vegas as well)
new shoes that I bought myself
slippers, penguin pajamas, oregon duck sweatpants, a movie and an electric blanket from my boyfriend.
It was wonderful having him this year. I got invited to all his family dinners, and did end up attending one. It was intimidating because it was the first time I had met his mom, not to mention I met his "second mom" as well. But it was fun and they were really sweet. His mom even gave me a bunch of lavendar, and let me tell you, my room smells amazing because of it.

As for New Years, I thought it was going to be a huge downer. I had made plans with a bunch of friends but all of them fell through. So a night at home, eating pizza, drinking and watching movies was in store. But then my boyfriend showed up and saved the day. He stayed for the longest time and I was really happy. At midnight, we went out onto my back deck and watched all the fireworks. It was really nice.
This season has been the first time ever that I have had a boyfriend for any of the holidays, from my birthday (in November) to New Years. Though it's been rocky between him and I these last four months, I wouldn't change any of it. We're going to be coming up on five months at the end of this month, and he's finally starting to get used to the idea that I'm not going anywhere. He's laughing because our 6 month will be just a few days after Valentine's day, which is my favorite holiday, so he's going to try to really impress me with something. I'm really anxious.

As for school, I'm still going strong. All A's and B's which is amazing and a huge relief. Scholarships are starting to come in, and things seemed to be all worked out. *knock on wood*.
My health is starting to be less of a concern, but we're still watching closely for anything else.
I also start working at a new dance studio next week, which will be nice. I'll be getting paid, and not having to give my money back to the studio for rent. It'll be amazing.
So far, 2013 is off to an amazing start for me, hope it is for you guys too.


New Years resolution that my boyfriend made for me:
smile more, laugh more and be confident.
My New Years resolution:
write at least once a week, it's therapeutic and nice to be able to feel like I'm talking to someone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Car, I am so happy you had a lovely holidays... I talked to my David at midnight my time... he made me laugh as he usually does...

    This was a very hard Christmas and New Years for me but I got through, I am looking forward to 2013 and the changes it can bring:)

    Happy New Year Car, I hope all your dreams come true and more in the future:)

    ReplyDelete