Thursday, November 1, 2012

A little teary eyed.

So, lets get straight to this.
My sophomore year, I was dating this guy named Adam. His and my relationship lasted most of sophomore year and about half of junior year. He was my first love, in all honesty.
So this guy is why my edgyness towards relationships come in. This guy broke my heart more times than I could count and yet, I kept going back to him like a little lost puppy. I fell so hard for this guy, it was ridiculous.
My sophomore year, I went and visited to him after talking for about 3 or 4 months on the phone. When I was there, the world froze. Nothing mattered to me but him. After that trip... we were perfect. Even though he lived 4 hours away from me, it seemed to not matter. We talked on the phone every night, he would talk to me until I fell asleep.
He was always there.
Then he got in a car wreck, I thought I lost him. I cried for days  because he was in the hospital and had no way to talk to him. Luckily for me, I was able to talk to his sister and she really kept me in the loop about everything. Within a few months, he was back on his feet and back doing his firefighting.
The new years of my senior year, I went to go visit him again because we were supposed to start dating again. Little did I know that would be the last time I saw him let alone talked to him. The trip went really well until the last day, he broke my heart. I text him a few months later just to see if we could patch things up like we used to... he was engaged and expecting a kid.
I cried for days and there was no getting me out of the depression. I stopped eating, I rarely hung out with my friends nad it was hard for me to sleep. I would replay his messages on my phone over and over until I could sleep.
Needless to say, I was in a horrible place. But that's over now. I've grown. As much as I loved Adam, and though he will always have a special place in my heart, I know he wasn't the one I was supposed to be with forever.
Now is my chance to move on and find my "forever".
Hopefully, when it gets to that time... they are patient and understanding.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I could help you Car...

    I did something silly, I went back and read all my conversations with David, since they were on messenger and on Facebook. I cried for 4 hours last night and barely slept. I need to delete those messages. I feel like heart my is broken all over again.:(

    I am glad you talk to your boyfriend and that everything is better, I love to see people happy so I can believe it will be me one day.

    ReplyDelete