Monday, November 26, 2012

Recap

Hey there everyone, sorry I haven't been posting again. Life kinda blew up in my face AGAIN. Go figure. But thanks for sticking with me, I greatly appreciate it. Even though it's late right now (well, 10:489pm, that's late right?), I have had way too much sugar so luckily I'll be able to actually finish this post and not have to do a Recap 2.

So here's everything that has been going on:

School:
This blog was originally supposed to be about just this topic, my life through school... well, that changed didn't it. I guess I did call it "A Glimpse into This College Student's Life", so guess it is supposed to be more about my life while I'm in college? Hmm, who knows. Annnyway, so I'm still doing well in my classes, I'm glad to say.
The struggle was coming in with my financial aid. Oh my goodness, so beyond frustrating! I have been working on financial aid items since I started back into school (which was back in like February or so) and they seriously just got worked out and fixed last week! Phew, finally a huge weight off my shoulders. But oh man was it stressful.
What happened is that the accounts got switched between me and my dad because my dad has such a "feminine" name. Isn't that silly? Especially since you sign in using your social security number, it seems like it would be obvious who's account the information was supposed to go on, right? But anyway, finally got it all worked out so I have something actually going to the school that lessens my burden for now. As I said before: Phew!

Friends:
Oooooooh my friends. I don't even know anymore. I've started narrowing down which friends I actually tell things to because I started noticing rumors getting spread around and it just wasn't good.
So here's something I don't think I've shared yet. When I got back from Vegas, I was torn apart and really just felt alone. I was single and felt like I had failed everyone. So with that I became a HUGE flirt. I was kissing any guy I wanted and just "playing the field", and well now, the guys that were in that category in my life back then... want more. Which is NOT going to happen. Now reminder, I never did anything past kiss the guys, but now they're wanting to try to get me to do more?! I'm in a relationship! What kind of "friends" are these people? They all know I'm taken. It's seriously driving me crazy, so I've stopped talking to practically all of them.
As for my girls, as I've said, I've started narrowing down who knows what due to some rumors and gossip. It kind of sucks but I guess it is a part of life.

Life:
So in a few days (Thursday, in fact), I get to go back to Vegas. I'm so beyond excited. Though I am excited to get to go out to the bars and celebrate my 21st all over again, I'm honestly mostly excited to see all of my friends there. I miss them all so so much.
Other than that, life has been normal-ish (other than the other subtopics that are written about in this blog).

Health:
Found out today that my lovely infection is back. Whoo... I've already dropped four pounds due to it as well. Again, this is weight I don't have to lose in the first place so it's kind of scary. I'm back on medication to see if it helps and hopefully actually makes it leave my body this time *crossing my fingers*. It just sucks that the first round didn't fix it.
Hopefully I get better this time, I hate losing weight in an unhealthy manner, almost as much as I hate my body aching like it is. Hopefully getting out of town for a bit also helps with that. So please, send good thoughts my way.

Boyfriend:
Oh yes, the topic everyone adores because it's like a soap opera. Lol. Kidding... kinda.
So, in all honesty, a few weeks ago (November 18th, to be exact), my boyfriend and I got into a really intense discussion that in the midst of I thought we were actually going to break up. I cried so hard that night. I even figured out what I would do if him and I did break up because I don't think I would be able to stay living in this town if him and I did.
 He's the only person keeping me here, I know that sounds horrible but let me explain: I need to be home right now. I need to regain my strength and confidence so it is good that I am here. But I am such a traveler that me being in one place, especially a place that I spent practically 18 years of my life, gives me cabin fever like no other. So my boyfriend keeping me here is a good thing, not a guilt thing.
Anyway, our conversation: I had asked him if he was happy in the relationship just because I was curious. He gave me a totally honest answer saying that he's glad I'm his, but he has times where he wishes he was single. I totally understand that now, after the fact, but at that time... that sentence was heart breaking.
I figured out why though. I'm so used to the guys who do everything and anything for me, including lie to me about how they feel or what they think. They become my drones and will do whatever I ask of them. My boyfriend now on the other hand, isn't afraid to hurt my feelings or bring up conflict. Which is healthy in a relationship. I'd rather him be honest rather than try to protect my feelings.
So after that conversation we settled on the fact that we need to communicate more, I need to be more confident and he needs to show more interest. We each have our thing to work on and so far, we're doing great. The other night when I stayed at his house, we just watched movies and cuddled. It was seriously the best night I've had in a long time.
One of our conversations when we were watching the movie Hop:
Me: "I can't believe we're both in our early 20's, it's a Friday night and we're watching a children's movie"
Boyfriend: "It's not a children's movie, it has Russel Brand in it."
Later on in the movie:
*movie has a horribly childish joke that I laughed hysterically at*

Boyfriend: "You would be the one to laugh at a children's movie"
Me: "It's not a children's movie, remember, it has Russel Brand in it"

Boyfriend: "Of course, the ONE time you actually listen to me".
See, we're doing much better. :)
Even last night had a great example of how much better we are doing. I had been watching the movie Hall Pass. It is a movie where these wives go on vacation, giving their husbands a "hall pass" meaning that they could do whatever they wanted for the week, including act single. Now with me going to Vegas for a week here soon, I thought the following conversation between my boyfriend and I was cute:
Boyfriend: "Did your friend tell you to watch the movie because it's funny or because he wants you to have a hall pass?"
Me: "I am willing to bet just 'cause it's funny.
Boyfriend: "oky doky"
Me: "Why? Do you want a hall pass while I'm gone?"
Boyfriend: "Ha!!!!! No!"

In all honesty because of the conversation that had made me cry, I was half expecting him to say yes. I would have been so mad. But I was really happy he said yes.
As for today, it actually marks my boyfriend and I being together for three months. I took him a bag of cookies and he was just super cute the entire time I was visiting him at work. I like where him and I are now. It's a good place and it works for us.

So yeah, that's everything that has been going crazy. Hope this wasn't too much to read. I just hadn't posted in a bit so thought I'd catch ya'll up.

4 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear things are going well with you and your boyfriend. My David had surgery... he was in Edmonton, Alberta, I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Can I say I was nervous and I felt useless so far away from him; I so wanted to be there for him, even though we are just friends :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that you couldn't be near him. I empathize. I hope he's okay and is healing well... and that you guys get to talk soon.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Car, he is finally out of the hospital... I am coming to the realization that maybe he and I won't be friends forever which truly breaks my heart. I just don't know what is worse... I am trying to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I'll be bringing up in my newest post, I learned a valuable lesson while I was on my trip: The more you fear something, the more likely it is to come true. Just trust in yourself and in your heart that things will work out for the best and how they are supposed to. Don't fear the worst, because you need to always hope for the best.
      I'm glad he is out of the hospital.

      Delete