Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Birthday-ness

So I've been meaning to re-cap my birthday, but I haven't had the time, so here I am.
My mom and I went out the day before my birthday just to have a fun day and forgive each other for the fight the night before and it really helped bring down my stress level. We went and saw Pitch Perfect and just had fun, just her and I. We also talked about a lot of the stuff that's been going on and I hope we're on better ground now than how we were before.
Then came my actual birthday:
The big 21.
The day started off with eating chocolate chip waffles with my mom which was perfect. After that, I got all pretty and got my gift from my mom: black sparkly (knock off) uggs. Exactly what I wanted.
From there, my mom and I went to Applebee's for a Mudslide because I have wanted one since I was little, and to my surprise my boyfriend met up with us there. I was all smiles. We ate, I had my first drink, the Applebee's staff sang at me, then a choir who was eating there sang at me, then we went home. I was dog sitting for my neighbors so my boyfriend and I went to go play with the puppy and he gave me his gift: Oregon Ducks sweatshirt (as seen in picture). It is so soft and warm and big. I love it. He had joked for a week or two that it was going to be Beavers which he knows is my least favorite team.
After that, I went and picked up my best friend, who is like my brother, from work so he could go out with us. After that, we went and picked up pizza and went back to my house to get ready to go out.
We went to three bars. I had a Jack and Coke, which wasn't made correctly according to my mom, at the first bar. Then found a beer that was recommended to me called Angry Orchard. It's like a hard apple cider and was delicious.
It was my mom, my boyfriend, and two of my best friends and I going out. It was almost flawless other than some drama between one of my friends and her ex, which used to be my boyfriend's best friend so that caused a rather large bump in the fun road.
Other than that, it was just hard because that same best friend also acts very clingy to my boyfriend. She claims that it is a brother sister relationship, but she sat in between us almost all night. Who does that? So since I obviously wasn't going to get to sit next to my boyfriend (at the last bar especially), I started joking around with my "brother". We were singing at each other, while interpretively dancing with our hands and it was wonderful. If my "brother" hadn't been there, I probably would have had a horrible day due to my friend stealing all my boyfriend's attention from me.
Something that really brightened my day though, we were all singing a certain song and it got to the part of saying how they want a love like you, and we all pointed at different people so I pointed at my boyfriend and he smiled like how he used to smile at me back in high school. I hadn't seen that smile in a bit so it gave me chills.
After we got tired of the bars and just wanted sleep, we dropped my "brother" off at his house and then came back to my house. My boyfriend, friend and I went over to the house I was dog sitting at and slept there. That is where my birthday took a strange turn.
They were both talking about how they were sleeping in the bed with me, so I spoke up and said "whoever can carry me to the bed can sleep in the bed with me". My friend tried but failed, and of course my boyfriend did it without any issues. So I was happy that I would get to cuddle with my boyfriend all night... little did I know that my friend was going to sleep in the bed too. So there we all were, three in the bed. And if that wasn't strange enough, not only was she clinging to him at the bars, she cuddled up to him in the bed too! I almost got up to sleep on the couch.
It's hard to not read anything into that.

Then the next day, I got to celebrate a little more because my dad wanted to take me out and get me a drink, so after my dance class (I got a new student! He's paying for private lessons and I adore him! He's so eager!), I went and met up with my dad, his wife and a few family friends from church. We went to Olive Garden which is my favorite place. I got a strawberry daiquiri and it was delicious. It was nice being with my dad, he acted like he used to before we became distant. His wife was reasonably nice too. It was just all around a good night.

So that's the wrap up of both nights. Neither were bad, but I would change a few things here and there. But you know, sometimes you just have to let things go. (I do want your opinions on my friend cuddling up to my boyfriend all evening if you have any.)
I'm excited for my birthday trip to Vegas, my friend took the whole week off of work. He told me that and I almost cried. I miss Vegas and all my friends. I'm beyond excited to be going back.

1 comment:

  1. Car, drop that so called friend now, really... I had one like her for 33 years. She went after every man I was with, she slept with everyone of them until I met Tony... he was disgusted by her... (that is saying a lot, he had no idea how to be faithful himself). My David would have laughed at her... he has never cheated on a woman in his life.

    Anyway, I digress.. the best thing I did was get her out of my life, from what I hear.. she is still up to her old ways, she has no self esteem, I don't care anymore, I don't want her in my life.

    Your friend had NO business sitting between you and definitely had NO business cuddling up to your boyfriend. (If I lived close to you, I would tell her myself)

    I am glad you had a nice birthday and it does sound like you had fun:)

    ReplyDelete