Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2nd, 2010: Little e-mail from home

So before I left home (August 16th, 2010) I e-mailed my high school English teacher, Mrs. Hillman, I had her as a teacher for three years and she was possibly one of my favorite English teachers I have ever had.
My email said:
"Mrs. Hillman!!!
Yes, the excessive punctuation is needed for this e-mail.
This e-mail is so I can tell you thank you.
Thank you so much for being an amazing teacher! I was in your class for three years and I still remember getting that first essay back and reading the comment from you saying 'your humor really shines through, and I love all your little side notes but you constantly over use commas and mix up 'to' and 'too' ', well I still get confused on the 'to' and 'too' stuff but my humor hasn't changed.
I also wanted to share that this coming Tuesday, and seeing as it is almost one in the morning (I'm doing last minute packing, so yes... I'm supposed to be up this late), I guess I can say tomorrow... I leave for Las Vegas. I got accepted into UNLV, and even better I got accepted into their dance program.
I thought I would thank you for this because you helped me so much, and just thought you'd like to know.

Hope you have a wonderful school year, Mrs. Hillman.
-Carly"

I just checked my email today and saw that on the 30th I got a response:
"Carly,
I love your note-- thank you so much! I am thrilled (though not that surprised!) that you will be in the UNLV dance program. Be wary if they want you to take off your shirt... it is Las Vegas, you know. :)
Good luck!
-Adrienne"

This little e-mail from home is now hanging on my wall.


As for school today:
My ballet teacher sat on me... no joke. It was for a purpose and it did help... but still, she sat on me! The purpose was to figure out how to have intensity in my arms... first time I dropped her... oops, second time though... I was able to have her sit. I was happy, and she even complimented it.
Modern was better today, as was choreography.
Then I had math, and a great math test... that I finished 45 minutes early so I got to leave.

All in all,
great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment