Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15th,2010: Still sick...

So I still feel sick, and its awful. I'm freezing yet I'm sweating, my throat feels like I swallowed sand paper, my tummy (yes, I said tummy) feels like I did 303,079,707 spins in a spinny chair and my head is pounding (I have no great annalogy for this one). Every time I cough, I feel like my throat is going to catch fire... but my pinky doesn't hurt so its a good day.
While I've been laying here, since my lovely dorm floor has decided that today they are going to yell and scream like they're being killed making it impossible to sleep more, I've been thinking.
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of being at UNLV. There's nothing here for me. I keep talking about transferring over to Humboldt after this school year and the more and more I think and talk about it... the better it is feeling. Crater set high standards for their students and having talked to everyone here, the standards (that were supposedly what we had to have to get into a good college) were much higher than what even this college has for us.
I mean come on, I'm "over achieving" with having Elementary Algebra and English 101. Apparently if I had kept my Biology, it would have been unheard of!
I loved Crater dearly, and being here makes me thankful for the high standards. I listen to the other freshmen on my floor and all I can think is "wow, I learned that like Junior year... and you're just now learning that!?"
UNLV, I was expecting it to be worse than what it is, I was expecting excitement... but it feels like I'm just back at Crater but not so many classes and I live on campus.
Humboldt might not be any different, but it feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment