Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 2nd, 2010: Learnings, fears, and all the other stuff.

My life as a college kid in Las Vegas....

oh goodness, leave it to this small town girl to end up in Sin City right?
Its a few days till I'm going home, eight days till I'm on my way back to Oregon.
Part of me knows I'll miss Vegas, and the other part can't wait to say “see ya later”.
I'll probably come back and visit, but I dunno. I guess I wasn't meant to live here.
This city has made its impact on me and that can't ever be changed.
I've been beaten down by the people, and I've had to figure out how to build myself back up with no help at all.
I've had to learn that you can never get over your first love, and “what if” questions are pointless.
I've had scares and I've had injuries.
I've had my fair share of sins and mistakes...
and am I proud?
Heck no,
but I can't change that.
I've had to learn to cope and not just run when I feel I can't do what I'm wanting to do.
There is always a way, sometimes you have to work harder than what you wanted and sometimes you have to just be patient when you don't want to be, but that's when you have to think: how badly do you want this?
Is it worth the time and effort? Is it worth the pain that will probably come with the strain?
If the answer is yes, then you have to try with every single fiber of your being.
I guess my adventure was worth all I've been through, as long as my worst fear doesn't come true. If that comes true, then all of this was worthless. So I'm praying to God that it doesn't come true, if it doesn't then yes, all of this was worth it.
Worst fears, best memories, broken hearts, tears shed and belly laughs. Ups and downs to rock bottom and floating on a cloud. Roller coaster of life.
I learned more here than I would have ever learned back home. Does that mean all good things? Haha, I wish. I've had to do things that I can honestly say I'm far from proud of. But I still regret nothing so far. Sadly, all this depends on one fear. This fear comes true and it all goes down the lovely drain. Not only would I be disappointed in myself, but I think everyone I know would be too. I wouldn't know what to do. I'd flip out. So hopefully it wont happen. But sometimes, you have to face the consequences to your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment