Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.



I love my mom so much and though every year I try to say exactly how much, I always end up coming back to the same quote by Washington Irving:
"A mother is the truest friend we have when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
My mom has seen me through so much that I can't even try to explain. We have had our hard times and the times where we were inseparable. We have had so many crazy adventures (camping, beach, Canada and soon to be to the Country Music Festival), she has gone on many school trips and has always been such a huge influence in my life.
I can honestly say that my mom is my biggest hero and probably my biggest fan. She has always encouraged me to do the things that I wanted and pushed me to better myself, whether this be with my dancing, acting singing or just being silly. When I announced that I was going to UNLV last minute, it was my mom that helped me pack my car and get down there with no days to spare. It was my mom who helped me move to Eugene. She was the first person I told when I decided I wanted to pursue a Psychology degree with emphasis on adolescents and Dance Therapy, and on top of that pursue it online (of which I had previous had difficulty with) and she was behind me 110% as always. She was the one person who I didn't have to convince that I can do what I am doing, she has always believed in me and encouraged me no matter how many times I had previously failed.
My mom is the strongest person I know and I love her so much for putting up with me through all these years.
I love you, mom. Happy Mother's day.

1 comment: