Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12th, 2010: No worries

     Hello world, did you miss me? No worries, I'm not dead... its just been stressful on this side of the blog. So lets get you updated, yes?
     So, as you all know, I tore the ligaments in my ankle and have to wear an ankle boot... well see, last blog I didn't really explain how that impacted me sooooo much to where I might have had to go home...
You see, readers, I'm a dance major and more than half of my classes were dance classes. Obviously if I can't dance I fail these classes. Well, with just plain out dropping these classes, I'd only have 3 credits... you need 12 to stay in the dorms (which of course, with not being anywhere close to home, is where I live). So I was screwed. All because I was dancing in my Jazz class and tore ligaments. Ugh, I felt beyond screwed over. I didn't want to leave Vegas, I wanted to finish out this semester here.
     Well now, to update everything. I started thinking for myself over the weekend, instead of just letting the frustration and opinions of everyone else get to me. I decided I'd look into mid-semester classes and then when I'm home for Christmas break I'd decide if I wanted to come back to UNLV or not depending on how I felt and where my ankle is in its healing process. So with that choice, I called my parents and told them.
Monday (aka: yesterday): I didn't have to get up till 8ish because I don't have English this week since we are doing conferences. Well, my conference with Paul (English teacher) was yesterday in the Coffee Bean in Lied (pronounced like lee-d) at 8:50. I showed up early, mainly because I didn't even know there was a Coffee Bean ON campus, but it all worked out to where I got a White Chocolate blended coffee.... yum! Sat down with Paul and found out my recent grades: B on my latest essay and B- on my midterm... and B+ in class overall. Yay!
     After that I had a meeting with my advisor at 9:30, to tell him what I wanted to do about everything. I obviously needed to drop my dance classes but had to fill those 6 credits some way or another. He agreed. We got all that worked out and I now have 2 classes I must attend and 2 classes online. So everything is finally worked out and Vegas has to deal with me a little longer.
     As for today: even though I kinda wanna yell at the girls who are screaming down the hallway, I'm still in a good mood. I trimmed and re-layered my hair and felt great after so I dressed accordingly to go to class... well.. I guess I look decent since a guy crashed his skateboard into a speed bump smiling at me. Needless to say: made my day.
     Things seem to be on the right track again, now lets just see if they will stay there till I'm at least home.
I have my MRI on Friday so we can see the damage on my ankle... I'm kinda nervous but really excited.
     I promise readers, now that things are back to good, I'll keep you more updated. Thank you for sticking with me, and reading. It means a lot to me. And if you feel so obliged, so I can see exactly how many readers I have (I'm very curious), please write a comment or message me somehow. Thank you so much. :)
     Have a great week, and rest of the day.I'm meeting up with Casey at 7ish to go eat at the DC... then back to my lovely Supernatural obsession. Jared Padalecki <3



^ How I looked for my meeting with my advisor.
 I wanted to look like I wasn't playing games, but still wanted to look friendly.
^how I look today
Hair re-layered and a little shorter. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment