Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A little more optimistic... who wouldn't be?

Hey everyone,
Sorry that I haven't really posted in a few days, but it's been a little crazy on my end.
This last Saturday (8/25) , I was in my dad's wedding. Most of my family came up here to help celebrate so I was busy running around trying to be there for my dad (mainly because I was best WOman).
That's the thing, I know I don't have a great or even good relationship with my dad, but I'm still trying because I don't want things to end up worse than what they are. I've seen my sister and her dad, and they don't even talk anymore... I don't think I could be strong enough to not talk to my dad as much as him and I don't get along or respect each other. He's still my dad.
With that though, I really felt alone because I didn't have anyone to really talk to about everything that I was feeling about the wedding. Luckily my best upon best friend was able to show up and keep me sane. I love her for it so much that I don't think she will ever fully understand. She made the entire day so much better and more liveable. So, though I don't know if she still reads my writing, I'd like to thank her for always being the best friend I could ever ask for.

Now for what this post is really about: the lovely "love" life.
So, it is NO secret at all that I have liked the same guy since about Junior year in high school (possibly before that, can't really remember). We became really close friends and we both knew how the other felt but everything just seemed to make a relationship impossible. Being told that there was never any chance tore me so apart that I finally wrote him a letter saying how I felt. That blew up in my face and we ended up not talking for about six months. Worse six months of my life since he is seriously one of my best friends.
Well, once him and I started talking again, I made a promise to him that I wouldn't ever talk about him and I as being more than friends. Figured I would rather have him in my life than out of it.
A few weeks ago we were talking and he asked me to hang out with him. Of course, I said yes and I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of that day. With this, my hopes started to build a little bit hoping that maybe I'm finally getting a chance. But after that day, every plan that was made kept falling through and my hopes of anything were crushed. Since I didn't see any point in letting my hopes build up more I started going out on small dates with a different guy. It was great and he treated me amazingly... till I got a text saying that he had re-met up with someone from high school and they decided to pursue a relationship. Well, crap. Then I was by myself again.
A few nights ago, I decided to stop by my friend's (first guy) work to bug him... like I normally do. I ran and got him lunch and we made plans to hang out the next day (which, was yesterday the 28th) after he got off work. I was excited and a little nervous but I was trying to think nothing of it because we are friends.
Now we're to yesterday, he came over after work, like he said he would and we ate some pizza and attempted to watch a movie (the DVD player was being stubborn and wouldn't let the disk play), so instead we talked and cuddled like we often do.
I asked what was on his mind and he mentioned that he had said we were dating and that he didn't think I understood or caught it. I told him that it could mean a lot of things and then explained that it could mean casual dating (where you can still see other people) or it could mean dating as in a relationship. He said to go with the second one.
So yeah, I know the last post was saying how dreams don't come true... but this is the guy that drives the truck I was waiting for... and now... we're dating.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting, there's hope. I was with my best friend and I fell so much in love with him. It didn't work out but we were still best friends. I sent him and email and asked why we couldn't be an option, he didn't talk to me for a month, the LONGEST month of my life. We are talking now, it's becoming normal again. I don't want to rock the boat again... but I believe there is hope now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like what I went through. Trust me, there's hope. Just don't push anything. Be yourself. And above all, trust your heart.

      Delete