Monday, May 28, 2012

More than half way done with the first round

Out of my nine weeks in my first set of classes, I just finished week five. I can't believe I've already been back in school for over a month.
I also can't believe how well it is going. In my Foundations of Personal Finance class I have a 94.38% and in my Introduction to University Studies I have a 93.1%.
I know people belittle online schooling by a lot, saying it is easier than an on campus school, but you know what... I have now experienced both. And they are equal to each other.
While at UNLV, yes, I had more classes but I also lived on campus so that there was something there that made me feel the need to go to class. With Phoenix, it is dependent on me. I have to make myself sit down and clock my hours and do my work. The work is the same, the grading is the same. Only difference is that one I can do at home or anywhere I can take my laptop where the other I have to get my butt out of bed and attend a class.
This isn't saying that online is a lot easier, in fact it is more challenging for me, which is probably why I am doing so much better at it. I have to make time to do my work and participate. There is nothing that makes me go to class, except me. I know it is my responsibility to sign on and get the work done.
I'm more than half way done with my first set of classes and I'm beyond nervous to see where all of this goes.
I'm going to be emailing my adviser and asking her to switch my degree to my Bachelors rather than an Associates. I feel like this is a smart move, but I think it's going to be really stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment