Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

So this year I've been thankful for a lot, I've had a lot thrown my way so the biggest thing I'm thankful for is weirdly how much I got knocked down this last year. I've grown in myself and have realized how strong I truly am.
 I'm thankful that I have an amazing family and my awesome friends. I really don't know what I'd do without any of them.
 I'm thankful for my jobs, even though I know they kick my butt.
I'm thankful for my rather amazing boyfriend, he's made me smile and laugh more in the past month than I have in a while.
I'm thankful for my ex, he helped me realize what I really want in life.
I'm thankful for my mom and dad, they've put up with so much and yet are always there for me through thick and thin.
I'm very thankful, oddly enough, for my diagnosis of depression and anxiety, its reminded me to find happiness within myself rather than others and to find happiness in the smallest things possible.

With all the ups and downs in life, I sometimes forget to be thankful. I try my hardest to make sure people know I appreciate them and that I appreciate their help, but I'll admit first hand that it isn't always my top priority.
We need to be thankful all year round and not just on one day. I try every day to find at least one thing that I was thankful for that day, even if it was just that I got through it.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Car...It sounds like it was enlightening... you sound so happy, I loved reading this... it gives me hope that one day I will see the good in losing him... xox ♡

    ReplyDelete