Thursday, November 20, 2014

Whoa

I can't believe Zach and I have been together for a month, as of yesterday, already. Its strange to actually be happy with someone and not be straining myself for the attention.
He fits in so naturally in my life (both of my parents already love him, my dad invited him to play in church sometime and they played guitar together last weekend) and thought that scares me and makes me nervous... I'm not putting my walls up. As much as I want to. The few I've put up, he's torn them straight back down before the concrete could set.
He claims to be such a terrible person, but I just can't see it. We all have our dark sides and I know his is pretty dark, but maybe I've been around so many dark-spirited people where I can't see that same negative energy or light from Zach.
There are still times where I miss certain things in Gabe, but I have to remember that Gabe and I had been in each other's lives for six or seven years. Four or five before we were dating and two together.
Zach is a whole new person to get used to, and I'm a different person with him than I was with Gabe. Its a transition in my life and I need to accept that and work hard on it.
Gabe is and always will be a huge part of my life, though we aren't talking right now. But Zach is a new part of my life story and its a chapter I haven't read yet. I'm terrified but I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy for your Car... it is never easy being with someone new... I am back to dating again and it is hard, I wish it was easier but I build up walls too... someone just needs to knock them down :) Happy upcoming Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete