Friday, September 13, 2013

I needed this

So, I've been having a really difficult time right now. I've been under a lot of stress with finals and just well... *sigh* everything! So I ended up getting perfect scores on both of my finals which was really helpful in boosting my self esteem and motivation in school, but I still didn't feel like I was really getting anywhere, then today I logged on and saw this. I'm almost done with my first college degree and that's really encouraging to me.
I've been having a hard time because my friends are graduating after this school year and I'm not (I'll probably have my associates finished and be moving on to 2 more years for my bachelors) and that's been tearing me down a bit. It's made me wish that I hadn't gotten injured 3 years ago because then I wouldn't be "behind". I know I'm not "behind", but it sure feels like it. I've been hard on myself for a few weeks about it now and it's been tearing me apart.
That mixed with all the other stress in my life has made me really melancholy and kind of discouraged from everything. I haven't gotten to have fun, laugh and smile in awhile. But seeing an end to this chapter in my life, of working on my associates, is almost done. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Car, congratulations girl... those marks are wonderful ...

    Don't worry about finishing behind your friends... it only matters that you will finish... I know you will... Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete